Supported by the McCormick Foundation and Major League Baseball, the UCLA Welcome Back Veterans Family Resilience Center enhances community capacity to support and serve Veterans, Military Members, and their families. The Welcome Back Veterans Family Resilience Center works to adapt, evaluate and disseminate innovative programs that decrease the negative effects of deployment for Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom (OEF/OIF) warfighters and their families. Through the integration of research and practice, and the utilization of innovative technologies, the Welcome Back Veterans Family Resilience Center develops a continuum of family and community interventions, including web-based tools, education, and training materials, which can be implemented in a variety of contexts.
The Welcome Back Veterans Family Resilience Center has two interdependent components – a research core and a services/education core – each of whose work informs the other. Outcomes from the research side guide community capacity-building plans, while knowledge gained in the community outreach and training efforts highlight critical research questions for further examination.
- Research Core Mission: develop and evaluate promising family-based interventions to improve the lives of warfighters and their loved ones.
- Services/Educational Core Mission: develop and enhance a community level continuum of care for Veterans and their family members in the Los Angeles area, as well as to develop a model for enhanced community level care that can be implemented nationally.
The Welcome Back Veterans Family Resilience Center offers interventions and evaluations, including:
- Structured Approach Therapy (SAT): a novel, couple-based PTSD treatment that assertively targets the avoidance and numbing symptoms of PTSD.
- FOCUS Family Resilience Training™: a family level program which teaches key resilience skills to promote positive individual and family coping. FOCUS Family Resilience Training™ can be customized to meet families' unique needs, with specilized programs for Female Veterans, wounded warriors and parents of young children. Tele-FOCUS is also available for families with a wounded warrior who was injured in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001.
- Access to a continuum of services adapted and coordinated across service providers within the civilian environment, which provides families with many different types of assistance.
Contact us today to learn more about the Welcome Back Veterans Family Resilience Center and FOCUS Family Resilience Training™: