Resilience is the ability to cope with, adapt to, and overcome challenges.
Resilience is a family level issue and the foundation on which strong families are built.
The UCLA Nathanson Family Resilience Center is a unique academic center that combines research with direct services to families. We:
- Engage in cutting-edge research
- Provide evidence- based services to families facing challenges
- Work to transform technology to help meet the needs of the families we serve
- Collaborate with providers in our local communities to build a network of care for families
- Train community providers in family-centered interventions
The UCLA Nathanson Family Resilience Center team has extensive experience working with families and family systems. We work collaboratively, both with each other and with other providers, to ensure that the families in our community receive the highest level of services available. We offer a wide array of services to families, all with the aim of recognizing families’ strengths and building on them.
Our mission is to bridge the gap between research and practice to help families become more resilient in the face of challenges.
The UCLA Nathanson Family Resilience Center is dedicated to:
- Strengthening family health and wellness
- Increasing access to services through community partnerships
- Developing new technologies to bring family-centered care directly to families, wherever they may be
- Training a new generation of clinicians and scientists devoted to advancing family resilience